Sunday, January 07, 2007

Vivarium

Forgotten to post this during the new year, so take it as a backdate post lor. I setup 2 vivariums mainly for my orkets aka jewel orkets.. spent quite alot just on them over at WL.... I think have to control myself, skool starting tomorrow, RATZ!!!! and early feb = almost 5k for skool fees again, worst, again 5 days of classes... really crap lor

show some pix of my vivariums first, only a week old, things looks fine, plants growing


This tank is in my room, looks kinda messy with all that plants hanging in the tank. But no choice, some of them requires cool temp to spike (spike means producing flower stalk) also the humidity is good for the Phal and Den. the Phrags at the left side cost me 100+ alone. they freaking count each growth as a plant, I think $15 ea. I chosen the healthier ones, but those have like 5 to 6 shoots alone *faint*




here is a clearer photo, I also added a 12v dc fan to improve circulation within the fan, I'm considering turn the fan the other way around and suck air from the tank instead of blowing, I think it might reduce evaporation of my already pathetic water body in the tank

This is the other vivarium, in my living room, more water this time. I wanted to add more stuff and idea but realised it wasn't easy and I require more planning. So, next time I need everything to be planned for on paper before I start the project. Mom say she don't mind another tank. So my next vivarium will be at least a 2footer vertical or a 3ft.. hmmm... I defintely prefer a 3ft, imagine 90cm of vertical space for the plants.. meaning more orkets, wahaha

anyway, these 2 tanks run on only pumps, not filters and the lights only comes on at night till the next morning. Also the tank in the living room has 2 pitcher and a venus fly trap, I don't know much about upkeeping them, so have to experiment and see how they are doing. I don't really feel like asking people in the plant forum.... I'm a practical person who like to try and experiment myself first hand and do adjustments. Obviously, a more expensive lessons, but I prefer to take the hard way around things most of the time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I appreciated your kind way of knowledge.Great Stuff Here..hope more to come.
<12v dc blower>

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home