Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New hobby?

Haven't posted for quite a while, so better update since I just completed my exams.
first up, the injuries from my car accident hasn't resurface, my back feels good with minimum discomfort, hopefully the instruments in me is holding good. Have to wait till my next birthday to know (strange, but my doctor fixed my appointment on my bday *faintz*), my tummy is the same, hope the legal suit can be alittle faster, can't wait to get it fix, but I'm kinda used to the disfigured tummy, just that, I can't enjoy beach resorts or swimming pools till I fix it. Apart from that, my digestive track is almost back, except for the piles I contracted from the over-frequent visits to the loo.. darn it.. need to remind my lawyer on that additional gift I got from the accident. I hope to get it over and out of my mind.

my new job once again, time flies so fast when I'm busy, can't believe it, but it has already been 1/2 a year... ya man, no mountain too high... still managable, juggling between running around solving IT problems and still doing drafting. Sometimes, I don't get enough time to do my drafting and my team architect gets more panicky :)

new stuff :) or rather a new interest....... orchids :) been poisoned by them, so past few months was kinda fun, visiting the orchid nurseries. I collect wild orchids or species is what they call it. but of course it doesn't mean I collect them from the wild, they are all from the nurseries. last I counted, I have almost 90 species in my yard, the tip of the iceberg, when compared to the 35,000 species in the world. In relation to collecting, of course it meant that I photographed them as well. Thats the other plus point :), still can't get over photography and since I'm not as abled as before, I still can do it at home... yeah, I can hear benny asking me when I wanna start photographying fishes.
Previous attempts wasn't great, looking at pictures/photos online, I think it is possible to achieve studio quality with the right kind of equipments. right now, I still want to experiment with 2 flashes, which I think will get a more natural look minus the unnatural shadows. The black background is black velvet, for obvious reasons, the velvet absorbs the lights from the flash.

see photos :P













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home