Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wet day today

It's raining cats and dogs outside, luckily, I decided not to attend the outing at Pasir ris park this morning. Will be a whammer to travel all the way there and not doing any photography due to the sucky weather. Aedas is organising some dragon boat activity at the end of the month, giving me some opportunity to do some photography, should be fun. Work as usual is busy busy busy, nothing much happening for the last few days, as long as nothing fails, my job will be smooth sailing :)
As for my legal case, still awaiting the report from JB, taking too long, really hate the waiting, because everything is riding on that report and nothing can be done without it. Yesterday, I got to see a plastic surgeon for my disfigured tummy, according to the doc, it is not a simple operation, because of the hernia and developed after the first operation, it is uncertain what they did inside me, possibly screw up. Hernia is a bulge developed when there is a previous surgery done on my tummy, the weakened tissue/muscle/stomach wall tears up, allowing my gut to protude through. After some reading up, it is called Incisional hernia, the surgeon suggest I go for more test to determine the condition of my digestive system. He basically gave me 2 options, having the hernia untouch, just removing the skin layer on it, push it back into the stomach cavity and pulling my stomach muscles together and stitiching it up. The other way, will be cutting me open, rearrange the organs and make sure they are not tangled together. My guess is if the latter is chosen, I will be lying in bed for 1 to 2 weeks without food again, but as long as they leave my digestive organs intact, then it will surely be fine. For me, I'm ready to go under the knife again, being at this state for almost 2 years. I just want to get on with my normal life, just another wishful thinking on my part. Don't think it will change anything for me, just trying to make things better, is good enough for me. Also, I'm thinking of giving up smoking for good, so decided to take the opportunity for my next surgery to get it done. Prior to my surgery, I intend to cut down on my sticks. Unlike previously, I didn't had any withdrawn syptoms, simply because after the first operation, I was drugged for a few days straight and after an experience like that, smoking would be the last thing on my mind.

Since my last posting, I decided to increase my photography outings, my back is holding up really good. My next appointment at NUH is scheduled on my birthday. Tomorrow marks the 2nd year after my accident. Time flies, perhaps a good thingy. Only time can heal my wound and memories of it.

time for some pix again

enjoy
SS








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home