Sunday, February 26, 2006

A day at Ubin

we had a beginners outing today at P. Ubin today, turn out was good, most attendee was from Nikon user forum. For the first time since I started out in Bcircle, this was the biggest turnout for me. Spilted into 4 groups (according to the system they use) Me and another group had the whole Sensory trail to ourselves. The day started out with all skippers, and butterfly count was really low, had to look for subjects for the beginners to shoot :sweat:, turns out khew and the other group had a tougher time over at the Butterfly hill (behind the NParks HQ), the site was too open and extremely windy (although, the sensory trail wasn't any better), so at the end, they came over. Our inital plan was to stay at either the hill or the sensory trail, but the lack of subjects got us trekking through the mangrove swamps, ending up at the palm plantation along Jalan Ubin (I think..hmmm) then we break for lunch (think we over ordered the food, 5 dishes for 6 guys.. haha). Then was back to more shooting at the trail, while khew and the others left.. (perhaps, alittle too much for beginners :P, but then I'm just recovering from my accident and I think I had a better excuse.. oh well, maybe the sun and all that walking got to them :))

At the end of the day, a +1 to my collection, wish I had a shot at the common Jay.. sigh... on the way back in Sunny's car, had cramps on my low back... (another first time.. so strange, very such attackings) Now suffering from neck aches while updating my blog... darn aches.. okie, lets see the pix then

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home